More than half of American workers live paycheck-to-paycheck. Stuck in this cycle, they collectively lose over $120 billion each year on payday loans, bank overdrafts, and fees. We’re trying to fix that by building new financial services that make it easier to plan ahead, pay down debt, and save. And we’re doing it as a transparent, straightforward business that only profits when our members do.
Product Engineering epitomizes Even's holistic approach. Members of this team act as both engineers and product managers, building elegant solutions to thorny, real-world problems. We are responsible for leading feature development, owning efforts like savings, financial planning, and the Even debit card. Our team consists of full-stack and frontend engineers. We work closely with Platform Engineering, Data Science, and Research.
What you'll do
- Own significant features of our app cross-stack and from start to finish.
- Serve as a product manager for your component. You'll interface directly with design and research to make sure you are solving our members' problems.
- Invest in powerful tooling to ensure the Product Engineering team is as efficient as possible.
- Use data to justify your decisions and evaluate feature performance.
What you'll need
- 2+ years of software engineering experience, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with modern Android or iOS mobile app development, preferably with Swift or Kotlin.
- Pride in your craft. You strive to build a world-class product across design, product, and engineering.
Signs that you're a great fit
- You thrive in a passionate, mission-driven environment. You measure your success by your impact on people’s lives.
- You know that a successful product requires more than great engineering. You think deeply about our members’ problems, our product vision, and our design approach.
- You hold yourself and those around you to high standards. - You know that achieving excellence is a continuous process, not an accident.
- You are pragmatic and carefully weigh tradeoffs on a case-by-case basis to achieve the most value for our team and members.
- You understand that the road to a great product is paved with candid, but respectful, feedback. You care more about finding the truth than being right.
- You love to proactively help those around you grow. You unsparingly offer your time to mentor colleagues.
- You bring positivity and optimism to the team each day. You care deeply but don’t take yourself too seriously.
What you'll get from us — great work
What you'll get from us — great benefits
- Competitive compensation, equity, healthcare, and retirement packages.
- A $5,000 annual educational stipend to invest in your learning and development.
- A $500 annual financial advice stipend.
- A $100 monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses.
- A flexible vacation policy and a team that understands building a company is a marathon, not a sprint.
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
What you'll get from us — a great workplace
- Carefully defined anti-perks that create a focused and inclusive office.
- A pleasant, easily-accessible workspace in downtown Oakland with lots of natural light.
- Coworkers you can bring home to your parents. We do our best work in a close-knit, supportive environment.
- A team that values substance over style.
Even is used by people of all backgrounds, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Even.
Source: Tech Jobs for Good
Please let Even know you found this
job on Remote Only as a thank you to us! 👌