We just launched a new product (https://mixedinkey.com/captain-plugins) and got hundreds of feature requests. We want you to build the next generations of this software with us. Watch the video to see what it does
**Get to know us:
1. Our team is global, and everyone works remotely
Our team lives all over the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Russia, Netherlands, and Serbia. We have 12 permanent team members, and another 12 people who help out with smaller tasks. You can work remotely from anywhere in the world as long as you're available during the day (EST time) for collaboration over Slack
2. We hire great developers and have a long track record of success
The company was started by a developer, so he can read your code and help you solve problems
The first Mac developer who joined the team 12 years ago is still on the team, working on new products every day
We never outsourced our software development to other companies. We own and maintain 100% of our source code, so we know it inside out and can help you learn it faster
We've written 30+ codebases with just 2-3 developers on each one. We work in small teams (1-3 developers, 1 QA, 1 designer on each task)
You will have a healthy live-work balance. We don't use crunch time
Our team is kind and talented. Our developers always collaborate well with each other
We prioritize quality because we're in it for the long term
3. You'll learn a lot from this job
Our software is more complex than most products. You'll learn a lot from working on it.
Your teammates are friendly, talented and polite. If you're looking for collaborators and mentors, you'll find them.
**4. Our goal is to teach our fans how to compose great music
We launched our new product called Captain Plugins. Magazine press and our fans loved it, so we have a wish list of hundreds of feature requests and ideas on what to build next. That is why we're hiring -- we have a lot of interesting work
Here's the YouTube promo showing how the plugin works.
One of the best testimonials we've gotten is that "These plugins close the door on the past." They are a brand-new way to write music and create songs from scratch.
5. Skills & requirements
1) A very solid understanding of Objective-C
2) Some knowledge of Swift
3) Optional, but nice to have: C++ knowledge, so you can integrate audio engines with new front-ends written in Obj-C
4) Any experience in CoreAudio and/or AVFoundation would be a big plus
5) Doing something hard - like 3D rendering, or OS-level stuff, or anything else that goes beyond making basic iOS apps
6) Knowledge of music and music theory is helpful but not required
7) Natural curiosity for how things work
8) Taking a lot of initiative. This is part of the job requirement - we hire people who take initiative
9) Desire to work from home. You can work 4 days a week (Tuesday-Friday, or Monday-Thursday), or 5 days a week depending on your preference. We don't hire for less than 32 hours per week
Send us an email
We're not a big anonymous corporation, we're a small team of developers who love making music tools. If you want to join us, send us an email at the address below. Show us your work.
Please let Mixed In Key know you found this job on Remote Only as a thank you to us! 👌