In 2017, immigrants worldwide sent over $600 billion home to family and friends, dwarfing foreign governmental aid. In the age of cheap, quick transfers through services like Paypal and Venmo, these people are trekking to stores to pay fees averaging over 7% for transfers that typically take 24 hours or more.
Wave's mission is to change that by making sending money anywhere in the world easy and affordable. Since 2014, our app has allowed Africans in the US, the UK, and Canada to send money instantly to mobile money wallets in Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, & Tanzania, saving our users over 70% relative to Western Union and MoneyGram.
We recently piloted remittances to Nigeria, where we're growing quickly, and are looking to rapidly expand throughout Africa in the next year. That's where you come in...
How you'll help us achieve it
We plan to open new corridors from North America and Europe to Africa in 2019 and need a persistent and creative lead for our growth team to help us build momentum in each.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for adding hundreds of thousands of Wave users in 2019.
- Set your team up for success by working collaboratively with them to identify, and execute on, the most leveraged growth strategies; creating a learning environment; and tracking and evaluating performance.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help team members strengthen the knowledge and skills needed to meet their KPIs.
- Lead by living Wave's values, and ensure they're deeply engrained within the growth team.
- Be an advocate for our users, and your team, within the company more broadly.
- Build the playbook to make country launches even faster and more successful in future markets.
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in the the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium or Italy. .
- Compensation: $100,000 - $130,000 USD (or local equivalent) per year depending on experience, plus equity.
- Travel requirement: You will be expected to travel several weeks a year in order to train new team members and assist in the early stages of new market launches.
- This is a permanent position.
- Native or fluent English.
- Local work authorization (wherever it is you'd like to be based).
- At least two years experience managing teams.
You might be a good fit if you
- Have managed successful teams.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Possess a bias toward action and testing, and are analytical in your approach.
- Quickly absorb new cultural settings and understand how they might impact Wave's strategy.
- Develop effective strategies that best position products, services, or ideas and address the unique needs and preferences of your target audience.
- Are persuasive and can convince others to pursue a course of action.
bonus points if you
- Are familiar with the diaspora communities we serve.
- Speak French fluently.
- Are comfortable writing queries using SQL.
- We are a distributed group of seven engineers, twelve operations team members and over fifty support representatives spread across three continents who are deeply passionate about our mission.
- Each quarter, we go on a five-day retreat together. In 2018, we've been to Vancouver, Lisbon, Austin and Burlington.
- We play in bands, teach dance classes, run Vipassana retreats, played semi-pro basketball, and built tools to help Doctors Without Borders respond to the Ebola crisis.
- We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili and Wolof.
How to apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please send our Head of Growth, Brittany Partridge ([email protected]), a resume as well as a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
Wave is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Source: Tech Jobs for Good
Please let Wave know you found this
job on Remote Only as a thank you to us! 👌